Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Use your words

Blessed be the Lord , my rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle;
My lovingkindness and my fortress,
My stronghold and my deliverer,
My shield and He in whom I take refuge....(psalm 144, a psalm of David)

How has God made you to serve him? What gifts, talents and abilities
has He given you, and is He training you up in to use for His service
and glory?
David was a warrior king. Much of his life was spent literally running
from men who wanted to take his life, leading his men into dangerous
and life threatening situations or surrounded by many enemies. David
knew the strategic advantage of the right gear and resources for
battle. It is likely that a shield saved him from death many times on
the battlefield, and a fortified tower kept him safe on more than one
occasion. David praises the Lord using many analogies from his own
life, and praises the Lord using words for things that he really
values. If you were to write the Lord a psalm from your own life, how
would you describe the Lord? Use the words of your giftings, passions
and most triumphant life experiences to praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment